IT Desktop Technician
Area Agency on Aging Palm Beach/Treasure Coast Inc.
Your Aging and disability Resource Center
We are looking for a qualified IT Desktop Technician that will install and maintain computer systems and networks aiming for the highest functionality while providing and maintaining “Service Excellence”. You will also “train” users of the systems to make appropriate and safe usage of the IT infrastructure. Responsible for providing a single point of contact for end-users to receive IT support and maintenance within the organization's Desktop Computing, WYSE Thin Client, Laptop and Remote Server Environment.
- Responds to incoming calls, emails, customer tickets and/ walk up requests regarding desktop, network, printers, voice over IP, wireless and mobile phone problems
- Performs on-site analysis, diagnosis and resolution of complex desktop problems for end-users and recommends and implements corrective solutions
- Installs, configures, tests and maintains end-user workstations, Avaya desk phone and related hardware and software application issues
- Installs and repairs printers, wireless access points, CPUs I/O and NIC cards, hard disks, RAM, CD/DVD ROM's, desk phone, softphone, mobile phone as warranted
- Keep systems up-to-date through operating systems upgrades, patches, antivirus, windows updates, email web filtering, and server updates
- Monitor networking equipment, VoIP desk phone, switches, access points and servers
- Assist with the design, implementation, and ongoing support of new software and features. Working with Vendors to diagnose application issues
- Monitor web performance, network availability, and internet / web security
- Understanding troubleshooting methods for system issues, break / fix hardware and software applications
- Provide technical support either by phone, remote access or site visits as needed
- Respond to IT issues; hardware maintenance, software, networking, etc.
- Evaluate connectivity issues, equipment end of life, and software upgrades
- Modify configurations, utilities, software, etc.
- Set up office / move equipment for new users
- Providing Service Excellence to all associates, vendors and clients
- Performs other related as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications:
- High school degree or equivalent; Associates degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field preferred
- CompTIA A+, CompTIA Net+ certification or other related IT professional certification; meet all state-required licensure/certification
- Previous experience as a help desk technician, computer technician, or IT support
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve multiple technology issues
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable in a diverse and fast-paced need it now environment
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
- Experience working with Avaya IP phone system, VOIP, Network Support, Printers, Wyse Thin Clients, Lenovo Laptops, Dell workstations, Zoom Meeting, go to Meeting, Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Office, Office 365, document management system and Help Desk support
- Up-to-date knowledge of new systems, information, software, and upgrades
- Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift equipment
- Occasional to consistent work on nights and weekends as needed
Preferred Training and Experience
- Microsoft Network Engineer Certification
- Experience with Avaya IP Office Enterprise phone system
- Network security
- Understanding of relational databases
- Ability to work under stressful situations
- Ability to lift and carry computer related equipment not to exceed 50 pounds
- Ability to bend and stoop in hard to access locations to hook up or trouble shoot computer equipment
Rate of Pay: The pay rate for this part time position is $15.00 per hour.
To apply for the above position:
Send your resume and cover letter to: Area Agency on Aging, 4400 N. Congress Avenue. WPB, FL 33407 attention Shelley Naughton; email to email@example.com fax to 561-214-8678.
Please note submittals without a cover letter specifying the position applied for, as well as candidates’ applicable qualifications, will not be considered. Please be aware a fax cover sheet does not constitute a cover letter.